Collectively, the lawyers at Lynch Daskal Emery LLP have successfully represented clients in tens of thousands of cases, including winning hundreds of cases at trial and prevailing in numerous appeals, in state and federal courts throughout the country.
SCOTT R. EMERY
Founding PartnerDownload Vcard
Harvard Law School (J.D. in 1995)
UCLA (B.A. in 1992)
Scott Emery, a founding partner of Lynch Daskal Emery LLP, handles all aspects of a wide range of complex civil litigation and criminal matters, including commercial transactions and acquisitions, corporate and banking fraud, entertainment, First Amendment, professional liability, employment, products liability and mass torts, and white collar crime. He has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict and currently serves as national trial counsel to the country’s premier health information management company in consumer class actions and breach of confidentiality cases in state and federal court.
Scott received a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1995 and a B.A. in English from UCLA in 1992. He clerked for the Honorable Linda H. McLaughlin in the United States District Court for the Central District of California from 1995 to 1996. Prior affiliations include Quinn Emanuel in Los Angeles and the New York County District Attorney’s Office. Scott has served on the faculty of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, and is included in The Best Lawyers in America for Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions. He is admitted to the bars of New York and California.
Some notable representations include:
- Obtaining a dismissal (and successfully defending against the appeal) of a defamation-based class action initiated by former NYPD officers against the publisher of the New York Magazine article, “The Return of Superfly,” for alleged re-publications in the major motion picture American Gangster and other media.
- Favorably resolving a widely-reported case of alleged bribe receiving on behalf of a former Citigroup executive.
- Representing the former Attorney General of the State of New York on a successful motion to quash a subpoena issued in an attempt to compel the former Attorney General to testify at the defamation trial in Steven Pagones v. Al Sharpton, et al., arising out of the Tawana Brawley saga.
- Obtaining a reversal on appeal of an eight-figure pre-discovery judgment ordered against a foreign central banking authority.
- Obtaining a dismissal of a legal malpractice action against a major national law firm.
- Successfully representing Fortune 500 companies in countless mass tort litigations and trials with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.
- Obtaining a dismissal (and successfully defending against subsequent appeals) of a defamation action on behalf of an international bank and a major national law firm.
- Prevailing on a motion to remand a multi-million dollar pharmaceutical injury action removed to federal court on fraudulent joinder grounds, favorably affecting hundreds of other clients represented by the firm in similar actions throughout the United States.
- Obtaining a dismissal of all felony charges and a favorable resolution of a misdemeanor charge on behalf of the family member of a prominent international businessman and entrepreneur in a case of alleged attempted murder.
- Successfully representing an international law firm in a legal malpractice action.
- Obtaining orders of attachment of extraordinary value in state and federal courts on behalf of a major international bank.
- Obtaining a ruling, on behalf of approximately 400 corporations, compelling plaintiffs to disclose bankruptcy trust-related documentary and written discovery in thousands of pending cases in the New York City Asbestos Litigation.