- Top Tier #1 Ranking Nationally and in the New York Metropolitan Area by U.S. News, Best Law Firms for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action defense.
- Best Lawyers of America
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent
- Defense verdict asbestos action brought against a commercial kitchen equipment manufacturer.
- Defense verdict in a high stakes complex mass tort trial on behalf of a Fortune 100 company.
- Defense verdict of equipment manufacturer in federal court product liability action.
- Dismissal during trial on behalf of a Fortune 100 company in a product liability case.
- Defense verdict in insurance-related arbitration on behalf of equipment manufacturer.
- $2 million award for Fortune 500 company in insurance coverage action in arbitration.
- Dismissal (and successfully defended against appeal) of class action initiated by former NYPD officers against the publisher of New York Magazine article, ìThe Return of Superfly,î for alleged republications in the major motion picture American Gangster and other media.
- Dismissal (and successfully defended against appeal) of defamation action against a major national law firm and a large national bank premised on statements made in connection with other pending criminal and civil actions.
- Dismissal of a legal malpractice action on behalf of a major national law firm. Post-discovery dismissal on behalf of a large New York corporation in a complex premises liability case.
- Procured indemnification agreement on behalf of a large, high-end condominium association from managing agent arising out insurance coverage dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment in multi-district litigation products liability action on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- Summary judgment dismissal of equipment manufacturer in an action alleging serious personal injuries.
- Forum non conveniens dismissal of New York product liability action.
- Summary judgment dismissals on behalf of product manufacturer in mass tort cases.
- Negotiation of plea agreement resulting in no incarceration in a case involving various alleged crimes, including attempted murder.
- Successful appeal of multi-million pre-discovery judgment directed against a foreign central banking authority.
- Dismissal of insurance coverage action on behalf of a multiple-line property and casualty insurance company.
- LDE has been honored with a membership in the International Network of Boutique Law Firms based on its preeminence in the fields of products liability and class actions.
All of our Partners have been recognized by one or more of the following: